Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm Lovin it........MCDonald's that is.

Only kidding, I am actually really enjoying myself on placement. And yes, teaching programming is rather fun. I am learning it along with the kids, so I am more likely to experience the same type of problems as they will encounter. I am also liking this whole thing of 'peer learning', If I don't know what has gone wrong, I say "Has anyone done this part?....maybe you could explain it to x" IT's Great.

I really like my department too, everyone is really nice and the P.T is especially nice. All in all, its a really happy department. A happy department, makes happy kids!!!!! The only thing that I would change about the placement, is the fact that I have not met any of the other students at the school. Last placement, we all met up at lunch time in the staff room - and we chatted about our difficulties, talked about our assignments etc. I feel that I would benefit from maybe a weekly meeting with the other students.

Not enjoying the early mornings though, and the 1 hour travel time! Its playing havick with my bodyclock.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi there,

I hate programming to...at the moment...well maybe...David deos seem to make it fun, if you were there for the programming one...

So seems like your having fun...me too, I'm "Lovin it", as the McDonalds saying goes...

Got to do a class today on databases! ARG! Had to teach it to myself it aswell. Haven't had time to do my blogging yet...way to busy...should actully be marking assessments right now...

Nearly feel asleep during the regent meeting...or maybe i did...i did the nodding the head thing...

Hope you have as much fun as i am...lucky i have a great bunch of kids...thinking of getting a blogging class in...or maybe leave that for my crit with David Muir...that should get me merits...

Should finish now...