Monday, March 20, 2006

To camp or not to camp?????

To keep my blog readers happy(meaning Mum) I have decided to write again.

I am faced with the dilema of whether or not to go and work for a couple of weeks in the summer at my friends Summer camp in New Hampshire (USA). He has just started his Summer Camp, and this will be his first summer therefore he has asked me to be part of his experience. Although he really wants me to come over, he understands my situation at the moment (not knowing where I will be come August)/starting a new job etc etc. The camp runs from the 21st of July till the 21st of August, and I know that I won't be able to stay the whole time, but even if its for a couple of weeks he is egar to have me there.

Is it a good idea to work with Kids in my summer break???? Should I have a break altogether?? These are the questions on my mind.

As I was saying to my Mummy the other day, being at Summer camp is hard work...( I have spent two summers at an American Summer camp a couple of years ago) BUT its fun also. Plus I really really want to be part of this whole experience for my friend. I don't like missing out.

Ahhhhh.....I actually should be concentrating on my essay before I think about the summer...which is what I am going to do now...(after Neighbours).

Funny thing happened to me this morning. I somehow, got locked in my flat and for a moment I was thinking I would have to get the firemen to rescue me....BUT I got a ladder and managed to climb out of the window...falling on the grass at the bottom. Then I managed to open the door from the outside....

It was funny...for someone watching anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Hampshire is a nice place in the summer. It does get warm (ok maybe hot) during the days but not as hot as some other places. I am biased of course as I live in New Hampshire all year round.
My wife taught during the school year and ran a summer day camp for a number of years. She didn't find that it was too much time with kids but you may feel differently. In any case as you know camp time is not the same as school time so at least there is a change.

LesleyJ said...

See Mum...there are lots of supporters in favour of me going to america for a couple of weeks....

I was planning on maybe temping for a couple of weeks to earn some cash and treat going to camp like a mini holiday...

First my essay...I'd rather that thatn exams

Duncan__ said...

I know we're supposed to be concentrating on the whole summer camp thing, but ... you got locked inside your flat?! I can't even begin to imagine how you do that!! (Sorry ... I know that's not helpful.)

Christine McIntosh said...

New Hampshire is wonderful - we spent a week there when edublogger was quite small. Think of the movie "On Golden Pond" - that's where we were!

On second thoughts, you've probably never seen the film. I keep forgetting how ancient I am......

The Music-Maker said...

Last year, I was left with the same dilema. Should I work with children or have a break? I decided to go for it and worked with special needs children. After doing that, I feel like I can tackle almost anything in the classroom.

My friends have been leaders in "camp America" for a couple of yers and they say that it is a wonderful experience. If I were you, I'd go for it!