Friday, December 09, 2005

What a different.

Ok, so those pesky kids who were really hard to control wednesday last period (for my crit) - were really well behaved today!!!!! Typical. Three of the kids were missing today, so why could they have not been missing from my crit? It was not really the behaviour of the kids that made my crit go bad ( it never really went bad) - it was more of my content, but it would have still been a little easier had them behaved. But what a different in the class, without those three kids!!!!!!

and where did the children's manners disappear to????????

I gave out 3 top prizes (Dairy Milks) to the winners of my competition, and (through the inspiration from a certain Computing Teacher at Jordanhill) gave out Fredos to everyone else!!!!! Only maybe 5 said thank-you. I have a real thing about manners - seeing as I was brought up with them - so I said to them (as they did NOT say thank-you) "Your welcome". Do they think that teachers get a budget for prizes or something????? They did not appreciate the time it took me to decide what prizes to get!!!!!!! I orginally thought that I would do individual prizes, so last week I went and bought: 1 big bar of Dairy Milk, 1 big bar of Sainsbury's own chocolate, and 1 bar of Sainsbury's value chocolate for prizes. But, the caring person inside of me said that it would be fairer to give everyone something, so I had to decide all over what to give them. Now, coming from the MOST indecisive person EVER, this was a rather lengthy task.

I felt really happy after my class today. I actually got them working in silence for 10 minutes. I told them I was giving them out a worksheet, but I mentioned the word "Sort of a test", and then were quiet. I think I may use "Sort of tests" a wee bit more. One pupil asked me if there was a prize for it!!!!!!!


Anyway, I must go and get my face on, because I have a well deserved Christmas get-together with all the other Business Ed students. This should be good. :)


Miss Kettles

P.S I have changed my preferences so that anyone can reply to my blog!!!!!!!

2 comments:

David said...

You say: "I gave out 3 top prizes (Dairy Milks) to the winners of my competition, and (through the inspiration from a certain Computing Teacher at Jordanhill)"

No, no!. Mars Bars. Has to be Mars Bars. :-)

Anonymous said...

Only Fairtrade Chocolate in my department! :-)