Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Never say the word sex infront of 3rd year boys!!!!!

That is my lesson for today!! When describing "Market Segment" I made the mistake of saying that a market could be separated by sex...... Mental note " MUST USE GENDER INSTEAD OF SEX. This must have generated some thought in some of the other 3rd year boys, as one of them (when we were looking at types of markets - came up with the market for Prostitutes).

As I don't really get embarased easily, I just shook my head, and said "not in the classroom". As the whole prostitute thing was a valid answer I just moved on.

Moving on......I really enjoyed myself in classess today. I had three lessons in a row and they were quite tought classess....but I enjoyed it non-the less. But DO YOU EVER GET TIRED OF THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN VOICE?????? Cause I am starting to annoy myself.

another 2 1/2 weeks to go.

2 comments:

David said...

Speaking as an ex-third year boy, you are in a no-win situation here. It doesn't matter what you say, someone will find a way to misinterpret it! We used to snigger uncontrolably at even seemingly inoffensive words like "bag".

:-)

Pooja Mayer said...

I agree with David sir and in India ,you don't even mention gender easily ..we use boys and girls or male and female

Kapil